- Black Country Skills Factory
- ESIF Skills for the Workforce
- Careers Enterprise Adviser Programme
- Active Black Country
- WMCA Skills for Growth
- Elite Centre for Manufacturing Skills
- Plans for Growth
- CEC Passport to Employment
- Springfield Campus Development
- Skills Support for the Workforce – Black Country
The Black Country City Deal will build on the long history and high performance of Black Country manufacturing and support the growth of high value manufacturing (HVM), particularly in the automotive and aerospace sectors.
- Black Country Investment Fund – available through a £20m Public Works Loan Board (PWLB) project rate loan facility to stimulate the local commercial land market through the provision of finance to developers of key industrial sites.
For further information or advice please contact:
- Agreed to deliver 1,500 additional High Value Manufacturing apprenticeships over five years. Local partners will work to increase the number of young people taking up apprenticeships in key engineering skills and support businesses to employ apprentices.
- Created a Black Country business support programme that improves co-ordination of business support services across the Black Country; increases access and take up of national business support programmes; provides bespoke support to local businesses and acts as a focal point for inward investment. For further information on business support visit the Black Country Growth Hub.
- Set up a demonstration project to reduce welfare dependency and increase employment in two areas of high unemployment. The ‘Working Together’ project learns from successful programmes in the USA and aligns with the Troubled Families and Help to Work programmes. It contains three core areas of work: providing intensive employment support services and repayable financial incentives to overcome costs associated with starting work.
City Deal – ‘Working Together’ Project
- Walsall - Darlaston South
- Wolverhampton - Bilston East
- Dudley – St Thomas’s
- Sandwell - Princes End
- Social housing tenants (and those in private rental)
- Living in the specified 4 geographical wards
- 18+ all age programme, with a specific focus on 24+ age groups
- Economically inactive (any benefits)
- Long term unemployed 6months+
- Engage with 2,800 targeted people
- Move 900 into employment
- Save £1.1 million reduction in the welfare benefit bill
- Increase in wages of £19 million with a proportional increase in Income Tax paid.
'Working Together' Project Evalution documents:
The City Deal Project has now finished and is being closed down. For enquiries about the project call 01902 571201. For inforamtion on evaluation of the project please contact email@example.com