The launch of the Black Country Bullet, a series of successful funding bids and the creation of the Black Country Skills Factory are just a few of the highlights featured in the brand new Black Country Local Enterprise Partnership Annual Review 2012-13 – which can be viewed or downloaded below.
The review looks back on the second year of the Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP), as well as looking ahead to the LEP’s plans for the future.
Local business people are being encouraged to take a look at the reader-friendly review and get to know the range of activities that the LEP is involved with – and how the LEP can help them to develop and grow their companies.
Examples of the successes achieved during 2012-13 include:
• Launching a new online Finance Directory
• Securing £26.7 million from the Regional Growth Fund to create 2,000 jobs
• Establishing a local automotive and aerospace programme within AMSCI
• Setting up the Invest Black Country partnership to drive inward investment
• Unveiling the Black Country Bullet
• Creating the Black Country Skills Factory for high value manufacturing (HVM) skills
• Contributing to the development of the i54 South Staffordshire business park
• And many more – read the full Annual Review for details
The review also includes a preview of forthcoming work for the next year, including the anticipated conclusion of the Black Country City Deal, launching a new Strategic Economic Plan, improving access to finance for Black Country SMEs and developing a joint Local Transport Board with the Greater Birmingham & Solihull LEP, among other ‘key deliverables’.
"Increasingly, the future of the Black Country will be in our own hands, using our own energy and skills,” said Stewart Towe, Chair of the Black Country LEP. "This review provides a summary of the Black Country LEP’s achievements. We are making an impact and look forward to our City Deal proposition growing in relevance.”
More information about many of the key areas of work being delivered by the Black Country LEP can be found within this website. Please browse the main sections for details.