The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) has recently granted funding to the three West Midlands metropolitan Local Enterprise Partnerships (LEPs): Black Country LEP, Coventry & Warwickshire LEP and Greater Birmingham and Solihull LEP to develop an energy strategy across the three LEP geography.
As part of this activity, the three LEPs propose to carry out four pieces of work, namely:
- An energy mapping exercise across the Black Country.
- Identification and development of preliminary business cases for potential energy innovation zones across the 3-LEP region in support of a 3 LEP geography and West Midlands Combined Authority (WMCA) energy strategy (see #4 below).
- Embedding the Energy Capital initiative into WMCA governance structures and consolidating partnerships around an agreed regional energy strategy (see 4 below) – in particular engaging corporate and institutional partners.
- Consolidating existing energy mapping and strategy work across the three LEP areas (including SEPs and the SIA, and future work under #1 and #2 above), specifically using this to create a single high level WMCA energy strategy as requested by BEIS at the Energy Capital Steering Group. This will summarise how the LEPs work together through Energy Capital to deliver their shared objectives – namely to optimise energy systems and economic opportunities across our geography.
As part of this tender, Black Country Consortium, on behalf of the three LEPs, is seeking to procure a consultant to deliver workstreams 3 and 4 as outlined above.
This work must be completed by 31 March 2018.
Invitation to Tender
Tenders are invited for the provision of the Service as specified in the enclosed document for an agreed period to be confirmed.
Submission of Tender
The response must set out the following:
- ORGANISATIONAL DETAILS AND PRICING (see appendix I and please use the tables provided)
- Name and experience of The person or people that will be carrying out the work.
- Evidence that you appreciate the challenges and constraints of the project
- Details of methodology to be adopted
- A Provisional project plan and timetable
- Total Fixed Cost
- Provision of two references
The Tenders must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12 noon on Friday 17 November. We expect to notify the winning tenderer by Monday 20 November 2017.
If you require any further information on the service required within this Tender, please contact – Sarah Middleton, Chief Executive, telephone (01384) 47 1102, e-mail address email@example.com