The West Midlands has been a trailblazer in the UK and produced the first Local Industrial Strategy.
Working across the 3 LEP geography (Black Country, Greater Birmingham and Solihull and Coventry and Warwickshire) there has been a significant work done on a producing a detailed evidence base to support the LIS.
- in-depth evidence base across the five foundations of productivity building on the WM PMF updated annually in the West Midlands State of the Region report .
- a detailed sector slide pack which includes headline data on sectors as well as evidence demonstrating our competitive advantages within them, whether this be university expertise, incoming investment or an already well-established industry.
- sector action plans covering metals and materials, construction, aerospace, rail, automotive, logistics and transport, food and drink manufacturing, life sciences, creative industries, tourism, and business professional and financial services. The sector action plans have been developed in partnership with key industry organisations, ensuring the plans are business-led.
- a broad approach to the grand challenges has been developed. This involves identifying distinctive grand challenge focus areas for the West Midlands, linking these with major investment/activities in the region (e.g. Commonwealth Games, HS2) and looks to co-ordinate research and innovation capabilities around these.
- Previous analysis carried out by IBM-PLI on regional specialisms and future investment opportunities.
Invitations to Tender
Tenders are invited for the provision of the Service as specified in this document for an agreed period to be confirmed.
The Black Country Consortium Ltd is procuring these services on behalf of the Black Country Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP)
Submission of tender
The response must set out the following:
- Organisational details and pricing (see appendix I and please use the tables provided)
- Name and experience of people that will be carrying out the work
- Evidence that you appreciate the challenges and constraints of the project
- Details of methodology to be adopted
- A project plan and staff allocations
- Evidence of experience in delivery similar projects
- Provision of two references
- Total fixed cost
Your proposal should consist of no more than 12 sides of A4 (excluding CVs and the organisational details and pricing appendix)
- The tenders must be submitted electronically to email@example.com no later than 5pm, Tuesday 19th March 2019. We expect to notify the winning tenderer by Friday 29th March 2019 and the project will start Monday 1st April 2019, beginning with an inception meeting as soon as possible thereafter.
- It’s possible that an interview will be required following the application. These will be held week commencing 25th March.
If you require any further information on the service required within this Tender, please contact: Delma Dwight, Director of Economic Intelligence, Black Country Consortium: firstname.lastname@example.org