Update on FREE broadband and digital support for Black Country businesses.
£12m funding was recently announced to extend high-speed fibre broadband to 98% of Black Country businesses and homes by 2017. The appointed contractor, BT is doing planning and survey work until mid 2015 and the first high speed fibre services will be available late 2015.
Broadband and digital technology support is open to Black Country SMEs now:
Birmingham Broadband Voucher Scheme
Digital Birmingham can help fund faster broadband connection for SMEs, charities, social enterprises in the Black Country.
- Grants up to £3,000 for the initial cost of connection.
- You must be based within 5 miles of the Birmingham border.
- Organisations are responsible for all ongoing monthly charges
- Free 12 hours support and guidance for SMEs on the use of technology
- Access to technology facilities and 3D printer at Wolverhampton University
Optimising Business Technology (OBT)
- Free expert IT advice, 1 to 1 coaching at your premises to develop an action plan to improve your use of technology and broadband.
- Free workshops across the Black Country - digital marketing, social media, new IT systems
- Free R&D consultancy to integrate digital technologies into your business
- Experienced creative technology specialists will develop ideas, create visual concepts, and provide development support