Communities In Sync is a not for profit company and constituted as a CLG. It is set up to secure contracts for Health, Social Care & Wellbeing Services which will be serviced by a consortium of Partner Provider Organisation. The current 40 Partner Organisations meet a quality threshold and have the capacity, capability and experience of serving the community with such service provision for many years. Their current combined turnover is a minimum of £30 million and growing.
Communities In Sync brings these strengths and capabilities together to add value to the lives of service recipients by being served by organisations that are not motivated to maximise profits for shareholders and who have knowledge of the communities they work in.
Communities In Sync’s objectives are to excel at service provision by bringing what is best within the voluntary and community sector in the service of clients who need these services to improve the quality of their lives while remaining sustainable.
The directors being recruited for Communities In Sync will be appointed by SCVO. SCVO has the responsibility to do so on behalf of the consortium Provider Partners. The directors will be serving as volunteer directors with some minimum remuneration & expenses.
Directors will support and hold the General Manager appointed to lead the Communities In Sync accountable for achieving the partner development and financial objectives of the Company.
We are looking for leaders who have the commercial acumen and the desire to use it for community benefit. This will require a maximum of 48 hours per annum not including a couple of Cheese and Wine gatherings or Kebab and Sharbat if you prefer.
To be successful in this role the appointed Director will need to be:
1. A mature director of a company with at least 5 years experience;
2. Motivated to contribute to the well being of those disadvantaged by contributing their time & knowledge;
3. Ideally in a role which has or had key responsibility for securing high value contracts or;
4. Being involved or directing others to bid for and secure contracts for products or services in a competitive environment;
5. Knowledge and experience of high value sales within a competitive environment would be an advantage;
6. Able to understand numbers and key priorities in terms of actions that produce results;
7. Able to support and hold the General Manager accountable for the performance of the company through bi monthly meetings and other communications;
8. Able to contribute to interpreting bids and advice on approaches that would have the best outcomes;
9. Able to network within the contracting bodies, commissioners and key decisions makers to gather intelligence and/or identify key contact points that would be worth cultivating for market development activities.
For further engagement please contact:
Shamsher Dharsani on 0121 525 1127 / 07956 643 092 or email@example.com or
Mark Davis CEO at SCVO on 0121 525 1127 ext 209
This engagement holds promise to secure substantial personal satisfaction while benefiting the community by using the gift of time and knowledge.