Black Country businesses are urged to encourage their employees to protect themselves from COVID-19 by getting vaccinated. 92.17% of people testing positive between 01 Feb and 21 June in England had not had both doses of the vaccine.
What can employers do to encourage employees to get their COVID-19 vaccine?
- Be as flexible as possible when it comes to staff getting the vaccine, which could include giving paid time off work for employees to attend their vaccination appointment.
- Use the campaign resources to run an awareness campaign in your organisation and provide employees with access to reliable and accurate information about the vaccine.
- Share the Q&A document and expert advice videos to explain the vaccine and answer common questions employees may have.
- Urge staff to be cautious of misinformation and encourage them to use trusted sources like nhs.uk if they are searching for information or answers to questions about the vaccine. The Government has also developed a series of content fronted by trusted community members (faith leaders, clinicians and community leaders) on misinformation.
- Create employee advocates by encouraging staff to discuss their vaccine experiences and share accurate information with colleagues, family and friends.
You can find resources such as posters, key messages and more by clicking here.
Below is an open letter to local employers from Sally Roberts, Chief Nursing Officer for the Black Country and West Birmingham CCG.
We hope that this message finds you well.
We know that, as well as your business prospering, the health and wellbeing of your workforce is important to you.
We would like to work with you to help and support you with your workforce to enable them to not only work in Covid safe conditions, but to protect themselves by having the Covid-19 vaccine.
We ask that you consider and action the following:
If your workforce numbers are less than 50, then please could you promote where your staff can get the vaccine locally, and perhaps allow them appropriate time off to do so. You will find the latest list of clinics here Click on the tab for your area.
If your workforce numbers are more than 50, and you think that most of your workforce is now vaccinated, then please could you promote where your remaining staff can get the vaccine, and perhaps allow them appropriate time off to do so. You will find the latest list of clinics here Click on the tab for your area. If your workforce numbers are 100 or more and you think that more than 50 of your workforce are not vaccinated and would be interested in being vaccinated, we may be able to deliver a vaccination clinic at a local vaccination site specifically for your workforce at a mutually agreeable time, or even deliver a clinic on your site. Please get in touch with us if you would like to discuss having a dedicated clinic for your workforce.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact details and full postal address if you are interested in having a vaccination clinic nearby or on your work site. We will support you with a Communications Pack, including material to promote your vaccination clinic and the benefits of having the vaccination to your workforce.
Helping Us to Help You.